Interested in history? Want to talk more about studying history and how to succeed in liberal arts classes and what liberal arts classes teach students for the long term? Then don't miss the History Department Soirée event.
The soirée will feature diverse speakers from the history department and the larger university community. Alumni history majors will talk about their experiences during and after their time at Metropolitan State University, covering topics such as:
- capstone project experiences
- research and writing in graduate school
- activities since graduation
In an effort to provide students with practical tips and advice to succeed in classes, writers and historians from the community will speak, including:
- Dawn Wing (Library and Learning Center)
- Tracy van der Leeuw (the Writing Center)
- Tony Englund (MA in military history and assistant director of coaching at the St. Croix Soccer Club and Academy)
- Peter Rachleff (PhD in history and co-executive director of the East Side Freedom Library)
Light refreshments will be served. No RSVP required. Open to students, faculty and staff. For questions, email the History Department.