The Pre-major Advising Workshop (PAW) is designed for criminal justice and law enforcement students after admission to the University. PAW sessions introduce students to SLC programs, policies and procedures.
- Tuesday, May 10, 3:30-5:30 p.m. via Zoom only (FULL)
- Wednesday, July 27, 6-8 p.m. via Zoom only
- Thursday, August 4, 3:30-5:30 p.m. via Zoom only
- Tuesday, September 20, 3:30-5:30 p.m. via Zoom only
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022 from 6-8 p.m. – in person only at LECJEC
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 from 330-530 p.m. via Zoom only
- Friday, December 2, 2022 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. via Zoom only
Attendance at a PAW is one of the requirements for law enforcement and criminal justice students to declare their major. The student must complete online New Student Orientation first, and then schedule in advance to attend a PAW by filling out this form.
PAW participation is recommended during a student’s first semester.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please email SLCadvising@metrostate.edu or call 763-657-3749.
Sessions are offered several times throughout the semester | Space is limited and walk-ins are not accepted | Sessions are two hours long | Dates may be subject to change.
Attention: Veterans and Military Students must gain acceptance into the major immediately upon completion of 60+ credits; a funding impact is connected to pre-major status for junior and senior students. Students are advised to connect with their academic advisors before their first semester to confirm priority next steps.