KISS takes place in the heart of the Syrian conflict, as Guillermo Calderon's riveting political play blazes a trail through the twists and turns of cross-cultural understanding, and challenges us to reframe our notions of life, love and what often gets lost in translation. Roles are being cast for:
- Hadeel/Andrea: age 20 and up (female)
- Youssif/Daniel: age 20 and up (male)
- Ahmed/Martin: age 20 and up (male)
- Bana/Laura: age 20 and up (female)
- Interpreter: age 20 and up (male or female), speaks Arabic and English
- Woman/Ameera's sister: age 20 and up (female, Middle Eastern), speaks Arabic and English
A prepared audition is not necessary. Selections from the script will be available at the audition, and beforehand at the MCTC Fine Arts office in room F1300 and the College of Liberal Arts on Saint Paul Campus in Saint Johns Hall, suite 300. Upper-division credit is available for both on and off-stage participation. Rehearsals will generally be held in the evening, but scheduling may be flexible. Performances will run two weekends from Nov. 14 to 23.