Join Metropolitan State University's for Veterans Recognition Week, which leads up to Veterans Day on Nov. 11. The goal of this week-long celebration is to recognize the contributions our military-connected community. Each day of this celebratory week will feature activities that highlight the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day, provide training regarding the unique strengths and challenges our student veterans bring to the classroom, and give the community opportunities to thank others for their service. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Jeff Pool by email or phone (651-793-1305).
Veterans Recognition Week activities
Monday, Nov. 5
- 8 a.m.: Flag raising ceremony on Saint Paul Campus with the Johnson High School AFJROTC and Arcade Phalen American Legion.
- 7:30 to 10:00 a.m.: Breakfast for veterans and current military breakfast located in the Veterans and Military Student Center (Founders Hall, room 201).
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Veterans recognition event featuring free pizza for military members in the Veterans and Military Student Center (Founders Hall, room 201).
Tuesday, Nov. 6
- 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.: VAMC Education and Outreach Specialist Jessi M. Faue presents: "Moving Towards Zero: Reducing the Risk of Suicide in the Military Connected Population" in Student Center, room 101. The first 50 currently enrolled Metropolitan State students to sign-in will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: "Green Zone Training - Assisting Veterans On Campus" in the Veterans and Military Student Center (Founders Hall, room 201). Contact Jeff Pool to schedule a time.
Thursday, Nov. 8
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Dr. Maura Chhun presents: "Fevers, Mud, and Blood: Dying on (and off) the Battlefield in World War I" in Founders Hall, room 117.
Friday, Nov. 9
- 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Veterans and Military Student Center Open House in the Veterans and Military Student Center (Founders Hall, room 201).