Metropolitan State will host and co-sponsor Minnesota Campus Compact’s Vision and Voice: Inspiring Civic Agency and Engagement for Equity conference on Friday, Oct. 14. The Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship is pleased to sponsor complimentary attendance for 10 students and 10 employees (staff/faculty/administrators) and community members.
Please communicate interest by 11:59PM, Friday Sept. 30, by sending an email email@example.com from your Metropolitan State student or staff email account, including:
- First name, last name
- Student ID number or employee title and department
- Metropolitan State student or staff email address
Ticket winners will be drawn at random and announced on Monday, Oct. 3.
Vision & Voice: Inspiring Civic Agency and Engagement for Equity
A day of powerful conversations and experiential workshops on developing social change leaders, facilitating courageous spaces, addressing race and racism in engaged teaching, and other topics Oct. 14, 2016 at Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul.
We’re inviting a broad array of higher education participants: community engagement practitioners, diversity and inclusion and student success staff, administrators, engaged faculty, and students are encouraged to attend. If you know someone eager to speak, listen, and act for social change, please share this with them.
Highlights from the student and professional tracks:
- “Addressing Race and Racism in Engaged Teaching and Scholarship,” with Tania D. Mitchell of the University of Minnesota
- “The Action Star Framework: Leading for Change,” with Jamie Randall and students from North Hennepin Community College
- “Dreaming Freedom, Facing Reality” with Brian Lozenski of Macalester College, with youth colleagues Saffiyah Alaziz, Sierra Al-Ahad, Markus Jackson, and Amani Ward
- “Facilitating Difficult Conversations,” with Damon Shoholm of the Wilder Foundation and Mike Klein of the University of St. Thomas
Registration is open through Oct. 6, 2016. Scholarships are available for students. Discounted tickets are available for member campuses that send a team ($25 per person). Learn more.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-793-1285.