Metropolitan State University celebrates its 102nd commencement.
Approximately 1,072 students are receiving bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees this semester with 785 students expected to participate in Metropolitan State University’s 102nd commencement exercise.
To accommodate Metropolitan State’s growing student body, the spring commencement ceremony will take place as two programs Saturday, April 28, 2018, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 2nd Ave. S. The morning program will begin at 9:45 a.m., and the afternoon program will begin at 1:45 p.m. All guests must have a ticket. The ceremony will be livestreamed (http://bit.ly/2r7Njqr).
The morning program’s student address will be delivered by graduating student, Kossi Ayigah, who is recipient of the President’s Outstanding Student from the College of Management. The program recognizes graduates from the College of Liberal Arts, College of Management, College of Sciences, and the Urban Education Department.
Doors open at 9 a.m. and the procession starts at 9:45 a.m.
The student address for the afternoon program will be delivered by Aaryka Pederson, President’s Outstanding Student award finalist and College of Nursing and Health Sciences graduating student. The program recognizes graduates from the College of Community Studies and Public Affairs, College of Individualized Studies, and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Doors open at 1:15 p.m. and the procession starts at 1:45 p.m.
Other commencement participants include:
- Virginia “Ginny” Arthur, J.D., Metropolitan State University president
- Amy Gort, provost and executive vice president for Academic and Student Affairs
- Cheryl Tefer, trustee, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees
- Michael O’Conner, president of the Metropolitan State University Alumni Board
- August Hoffman, president of the Inter-faculty Organization
- Kristine Hansen, director of Alumni Relations
- Heather Moenck, Student Senate president.
Congratulations to the graduating class of spring 2018.