Metropolitan State invites graduating students to the Fall Grad Expo, 9 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, New Main, Great Hall, Saint Paul Campus, 700 East Seventh Street. The expo allows students to complete a number of graduation-related tasks, including:
- Get up to five guest tickets for the commencement ceremony.
- Receive career service information, job fair and job vacancy information.
- Obtain answers regarding transcripts and diplomas.
- Purchase cap and gown. Purchases can be made with cash, credit card or checks made payable to Herff Jones. Note that the price of the cap and gown increases as commencement nears, because the supplier must rush the order for customers to receive it on time.
- Purchase generic commencement invitations or order personalized invitations.
- Order graduation rings, diploma covers or diploma frames.
- Sit for a pre-commencement portrait photo in cap and gown.
- Receive a free 5×7 coupon when you have a photo taken. You can order additional photos online at GradImages.
- Portrait walk-ins accepted.
- Graduates will receive a passport-sized color proof in the mail about a week after the Grad Expo and an opportunity to order pictures. There is no obligation to purchase.
- Register for door prizes with the Alumni Association. Submit your e-mail to join the Alumni Association listserv.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of these centralized services.
If you are unable to attend Grad Expo, you will be able to order your cap and gown through our supplier Herff-Jones. Diploma covers and frames can be ordered through our supplier Framing Success.
If you are unable to attend, you will receive information on how request your guest tickets for the ceremony from the Graduation Office in your university e-mail.