Need help with your taxes?

By Jackson Atkins
Posted February 10, 2016

Need help with your taxes?

Metropolitan State’s Accounting Department and the Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship cosponsor free tax help sessions for students, working families who earned less than $54,000 in 2015, people with disabilities and senior citizens. The tax sessions are at the Library and Learning Center, 645 East Seventh Street, Saint Paul, at the following times:

Date Time Location
Saturday, Feb. 13 9 a.m.­–3 p.m. LIB 312
Tuesday, March 8 5 p.m.–7 p.m. LIB 312
Thursday, March 10 5 p.m.–7 p.m. LIB 312

What to Bring:

  • Social Security cards for yourself, spouse and each of your children
  • 2015 tax forms or “tax label” postcards received in the mail
  • W-2 wage and earnings statements from each employer for the 2015
  • Copy of your 2015 tax return
  • Other information about your 2015 earnings including 1099-G forms stating unemployment  insurance or interest (form 1099-INT) or dividend
  • Information on child care expenses
  • Information on other expenses that may reduce your taxes (such as mortgage interest, union dues, car registration fees, medical expenses or school expenses)
  • Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) forms from your landlord if you are a renter
  • Statement of property taxes if you are a homeowner

No appointment is needed and walk-ins are welcome. For more information or if you need an interpreter, contact the Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship at 651-699-4707.