Metropolitan State University is excited to provide Healthcare and Wellness Services to its students.
What is Healthcare and Wellness Services?
All enrolled students have access to a free telemedicine portal called, OnCare. OnCare serves as a virtual doctor visit and is brought to students in part by Fairview Healthcare Services.
All enrolled students pay a fee of $2.50 per credit, approved by the Metropolitan State University Student Senate in 2014, for Healthcare and Wellness Services, Additionally, health and wellness initiatives are available to students throughout the year including flu vaccination clinics and wellness fairs.
What is OnCare?
OnCare enables students to access online healthcare in minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays. Access the OnCare service using a smartphone or computer.
Quick care is available for a number of conditions including:
• Colds, flu, strep throat
• Ear aches
• Whooping cough (pertussis) exposure
• Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
How does OnCare work?
• Register at https://www.oncare.org/ with your Metropolitan State e-mail and Star ID
• Answer questions regarding the client’s symptoms
• When a Fairview clinician has a diagnosis, the client will receive an e-mail to their account
• Log back into OnCare for a treatment plan and prescriptions
• If a strep test is necessary, the client will need to enter the promo code MSUTICKET to access the ZipTicket on the OnCare website
• Either print or take a snapshot of the ZipTicket and take it to one of the designated Fairview clinic locations (found at metrostate.edu/healthcare)
• If other treatment is needed, students will be responsible for payment through their insurance or out of pocket
Other things to look for:
• New webpage with many more resources and health and wellness information
• Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HealthcareandWellnessServices/
• We are looking for new members for the Health and Wellness Student Association. Contact Healthcare Services for more information!
For questions or further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Coordinator of Healthcare and Wellness Services, Jodee Fitzgerald at 651-793-1552, or stop by Founders Hall 240D.