Attention faculty, staff and students:
We are closely monitoring weather reports and are aware that a significant winter storm is approaching the Twin Cities area. At this time, reports indicate that snow will likely start accumulating at about 9 a.m. Monday and snow amounts could vary widely across the metro area.
Given the current forecast we plan to open as regularly scheduled at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow (Monday, January 22), at the Saint Paul Campus and other locations for classes and other university activities.
With the forecast showing a potential severe winter weather storm continuing throughout the day, university personnel will monitor the impact on travel conditions. An updated message about the status of courses and campus operations will be sent to faculty, staff and students by noon on Monday and notice will be posted to the University’s website. If conditions deteriorate more quickly than anticipated we will make announcements as needed.
Please remember that Metropolitan State offers classes at locations throughout the Twin Cities. We will be consulting with our partner campus locations to determine conditions in their area and whether or not they will be open or closed. In general, if a partner campus location is open and offering its classes, we expect our scheduled classes will be meeting also. Any updates about operations will specify the plan for each location and partner campus, please read the announcements carefully with respect to location.
· Saint Paul Campus—Main campus at 700 E. 7th St., Saint Paul, 55016
· Minneapolis (MEC)—Location on the MCTC campus, at 13th St. and Harmon Place
· Midway (MDWY)— Campus location at 4850 Energy Park Drive, Saint Paul, 55108
· Brooklyn Park (LECJEC)—Location on the Hennepin Technical College Campus, 9110 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Park, 55445
· Midway (EPP)—Campus location at 1380 Energy Ln, Saint Paul, 55018
· Other teaching locations will be specified and a list can be found here: http://www.metrostate.edu/locations/other-teaching-locations
Decisions to close campus or locations completely are made separately from the decision to cancel classes, and announcements about whether or not any of our locations will close will be updated periodically throughout the day. If the governor makes a decision to close state offices, Metropolitan State Saint Paul Campus and other locations will also close.
Metropolitan State uses media outlets in the Twin Cities to also announce class cancellations and location closures. In addition to checking your email and the University website you may want to monitor the following media outlets:
· WCCO- AM radio
· WCCO TV, channel 4 and http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/
· KSTP TV,channel 5 and http://kstp.com/
· KARE TV, channel 11 and http://www.kare11.com/
· FOX 9 TV, channel 9 and http://www.fox9.com/
As always, we urge you to assess conditions in your area and to make prudent decisions about whether travel is safe.
If you are an employee and local weather and road conditions are hazardous, please consult with your supervisor as quickly as possible to determine your options for work at home or vacation time.
If you are a student, please be in contact with your instructor, in advance, if your class is meeting but local travel conditions prevent you from attending.
Stay alert and stay safe!