The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion reminds staff and employees to attend and complete the Board of Trustees 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education Policy and Metropolitan State University’s All University Policy #1010, training.
This training is designed to help employees understand their roles, responsibilities, rights and obligations of both policies. If you participated and completed this training during 2016, you have fulfilled your requirements for the current year. Thus you do not need to attend the training at this time. (You should have a certificate attesting to your successful completion of this training.)
As part of the training, a review examination is provided, and you must obtain a passing score of 70 percent or higher to demonstrate fulfillment of the training objectives. Last year we achieved a completion rate of greater than 80 percent. This is an improvement over previous years. We must attain 100 percent coverage in 2016. If you are a student worker and cannot access the training, please inform your supervisor, and they should contact student payroll at email@example.com
To access the training:
- Use your Star ID and password to log in to D2L Brightspace: https://metrostate.ims.mnscu.edu/shared/login.html (or use the D2L link in the lower area of the Metrostate homepage).
- At your D2L homepage click on “Select a Course” in the top, black navigation bar.
Select “Required Employee Training FY 2017” or, if you are a student, click on “Required Student Worker Training”. You can also find these courses by scrolling down to the “My Courses” area at the bottom of your homepage and looking in the “Center for Online Learning” section. You may need to change your role to “Student” or “All Roles”.
- Click on Policy 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination button.
- Follow the steps listed there to complete the training.
- You must achieve 70 percent or better to complete the training; however, you can take the quiz again until you score 70 percent.
- Return to ‘Home’ to print a copy of your certificate (there is a link in the quiz submission view or you can click on the course name in the top, black mini-navigation bar). Note: all student workers should give an updated printed certificate to their supervisor.
For those interested in a residential option, the EOD office will be conducting residential training on 10 a.m., Nov. 18, in the Library and Learning Center, Saint Paul Campus, Room 310. Please contact our office to register for this training by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org