3 p.m. update: Campuses will remain open and evening classes will go on as scheduled. Since the storm is forecasted to continue through the night, please know that we will make a decision about any weather related cancelations for Tuesday morning courses by 6 am. If you do not receive a message via email and Star Alert, you should assume that classes will go on as scheduled.
From the Office of the Provost:
We are closely monitoring weather reports and traffic conditions this afternoon. At this time, all classes will be held as scheduled. You will be notified via e-mail and/or Star Alert by 3 pm if evening classes are canceled. If you do not see an e-mail or Star Alert, you should assume that classes will go on as scheduled.
Since the storm is forecasted to continue through the night, please know that we will make a decision about any weather-related cancelations for Tuesday morning courses by 6 am. Again, if you do not receive a message via email and Star Alert, you should assume that classes will go on as scheduled.
Please remember that Metropolitan State offers classes at locations throughout the Twin Cities. We will be consulting with our partner campus locations to determine conditions in their area and whether or not they will be open or closed. In general, if a partner campus location is open and offering its classes, we expect our scheduled classes will be meeting also. Any updates about operations will specify the plan for each location and partner campus, please read the announcements carefully with respect to location.
- Saint Paul Campus—Main campus at 700 E. 7th St., St. Paul, 55016
- Minneapolis (MEC)—Location on the MCTC campus, at 13th St. and Harmon Place
- Midway (MDWY)— Campus location at 4850 Energy Park Drive, St. Paul, 55108
- Brooklyn Park (LECJEC)—Location on the Hennepin Technical College Campus, 9110 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Park, 55445
- Midway (EPP)—Campus location at 1380 Energy Ln, St. Paul, 55018
- Other teaching locations will be specified and a list can be found here: http://www.metrostate.edu/locations/other-teaching-locations
Decisions to close campus or locations completely are made separately from the decision to cancel classes, and announcements about whether or not any of our locations will close will be updated periodically throughout the day. If Gov. Mark Dayton makes a decision to close state offices, Metropolitan State Saint Paul Campus and other locations will also close.
Metropolitan State uses media outlets in the Twin Cities to also announce class cancellations and location closures. In addition to checking your email and the university website you may want to monitor the following media outlets:
- WCCO- AM radio
- WCCO TV, channel 4 and http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/
- KSTP TV,channel 5 and http://kstp.com/
- KARE TV, channel 11 and http://www.kare11.com/
- FOX 9 TV, channel 9 and http://www.fox9.com/
As always, we urge you to assess conditions in your area and to make prudent decisions about whether travel is safe.
If you are an employee and local weather and road conditions are hazardous, please consult with your supervisor as quickly as possible to determine your options for work at home or vacation time.
If you are a student, please be in contact with your instructor, in advance, if your class is meeting but local travel conditions prevent you from attending.
Stay alert and stay safe!