Applications are now being accepted now for the Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program. This scholarship opportunity for Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander college students currently enrolled at Metropolitan State University.
Application deadline is 4 p.m. Nov. 1. Application and scholarship information is at this URL: http://www.apiasf.org/aanapisischolarship.html
About the AANAPISI Scholarship Program
The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIA Scholars AANAPISI partner campuses. The AANAPISI Scholarship Program is supported by the Coca-Cola Foundation, the General Mills Foundation, Hilton Worldwide, USA Funds, the Walmart Foundation, the Walt Disney Company, and the Wells Fargo Foundation.
The AANAPISI Scholarship online application opens on September 4, 2018 and closes on November 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community's diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
AANAPISI Scholarship Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census.
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-seeking program at one of the following institutions during the 2019 Spring Semester if your institution is on a semester system or the 2019 Winter Quarter if your institution is on a quarter system: