A limited number of discounted bus passes are on sale available to registered Metropolitan State University students by the Financial Management Office and Gateway Student Services
The passes are valid from June 1 to Aug. 15 on any Metro Transit bus, the Green Line Light Rail, and the Hiawatha Light Rail. The subsidized, discounted price for students is $15, and is limited to the first 400 passes sold, after which the regular price of $175 applies.
Bus passes are available for purchase beginning May 15 at the Saint Paul Campus Gateway:
- Saint Paul Campus- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday (not available 3 - 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday)
Bus passes will be available for purchase beginning May 20 at the following Campus locations:
- Midway Center (ETC)- 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday; 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday (not available 2 - 3 p.m. daily)
- Minneapolis (MEC)- 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday (not available 3 - 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday; not available 2 - 3 p.m. daily)
- Brooklyn Park (LECJEC)- 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Tuesday (not available 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesday; not available 2-3 p.m. daily)
Hours are subject to change.
Please note if you plan to use the bus pass:
- Students will need to register their bus pass online at metrotransit.org/register. Registration is quick, taking about one minute.
- Students must register their bus pass in order to receive a replacement pass for $20.
- When riding, a valid student ID must be presented with the bus pass.
- Additional fare is required if students ride the Northstar Commuter Rail or any route with a fare costing more than $3.
Pre-orders and phone orders will not be accepted. Passes are sold first-come, first-served at the cashier’s window on the third floor of Saint Paul Campus Founders Hall and Gateway Student Services locations at all campuses.
Students may charge their bus pass to their tuition and fee account up until the time financial aid is disbursed; however, the student must have a miscellaneous charge form on file. Or, students may purchase a bus pass outright with cash or check at Gateway Student Services or the Cashier window (credit card payments must be made at the Cashier’s window) on the Saint Paul Campus during regular business hours. The Gateway offices at the Minneapolis, Midway, and LECJEC campuses can sell bus passes only by charging the student account.