As is already announced, spring commencement has been moved to August 15, 2020. Commencement is the formal ceremony that publicly acknowledges that a student has graduated (finished their degree program). However, students are not required to participate in the commencement ceremony in order to graduate.
The Student Success team at Metropolitan State University wishes to celebrate students who are participants in the Student Success programs with a virtual graduation celebration this spring. This celebration does not replace commencement, but it is an acknowledgement of your accomplishments and an opportunity to share with your loved ones before August.
If you are graduating this spring and/or had planned to participate in the April 2020 commencement ceremony, the Student Success team is enthusiastic for your participation. This virtual ceremony is for any student who is part of or receives support from the following Student Success departments:
- Multicultural, American Indian and Retention Services including
- Students who identify as multicultural
- Veterans and Military connected students
- Women & LGBTQ students
- International Student Services
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Parents (registered with our Student Parent and Resource Center)
- Student organization or MSUSA student leaders
The virtual celebration will be Thursday, May 7. More details will be provided to participants. If you are interested in participating, please complete the survey no later than 4:30 PM on Tuesday, April 21. Access the survey HERE.
Complete this survey if:
- you are graduating this spring and/or had planned to participate in the previously scheduled April commencement ceremony AND
- you participate in or identify with one of the programs/departments listed above (also listed in the survey link) AND
- you would like to participate in this virtual celebration
Additionally, please upload your picture or short video clip within the survey if you like. This is not required.
Metropolitan State University is proud of you and look forward to celebrating you in this celebration! If you have questions, please email email@example.com or connect with your program coordinator.