Are you a student-parent enrolled in summer classes and would like help with paying for child care services at a nationally certified child care enter (NAEYC)? See you if you qualify for the HOPE child care grant today!*
This is a basic sliding fee program and the hours of child care and copayments are determined by the number of college credits, family income, and location of the childcare services.
To be considered, households will need to meet the following eligibility:
- Be a parent of a child(ren) under the age of 12 (under 14 if the child has a disability)
- Be enrolled and taking courses for the summer semester
- Have a yearly gross (before taxes) income at or below the following amounts, depending on family size:
- $34,475 for a two person family
- $42,920 for three persons
- $51,095 for four persons
- $59,270 for five persons
- $67,445 for six persons
Additional steps include:
- Complete the HOPE Child Care Grant application.
- Provide pay stubs or income verification for the past 30 days (include income from all household members who contribute to the welfare of the child(ren) and household). You can upload this information with your application.
- Enrolled or choose to enroll your child into a Nationally Certified Child Care Center (NAEYC).
- School-aged children are also eligible but only for MAAP certified before- and after-school and/or out-of-school time programs.
Students who are not able to locate a nationally certified childcare center in their area can consider applying for the post-secondary child care grant through the financial aid office and submit the completed application to Gateway Student Services.
For more information, schedule an appointment to speak with the Student Parent and Resource Coordinator or email email@example.com.
*This is a federal grant program that does not provide the funding directly to the student. The childcare center will enter into a contractual agreement with the university and payments will be made directly to the center. There may be a small copay that the student may owe.