Metropolitan State Fall Semester COVID Updates
Metropolitan State has been engaged in planning and preparation work this summer to provide a safe and healthy fall semester for students, faculty, and staff. The facility, safety, and employee return to campus planning team is sharing some updates below with the campus community. This communication is part of a weekly update with information related to COVID-19 that our team will preparing for you this fall.
- Employees will continue to telework based on their work responsibilities and the needs of the university. Supervisors will engage employees in conversation about any changes to remote work plans.
- Student needs are being evaluated as part of the fall semester planning. A list of student services with in-person and online hours of operation for fall will be available next week.
- The library on the Saint Paul campus, and computer labs at Midway, MEC, and LECJEC locations will be open. Please check the website for specific hours of operation for the library and computer labs.
- Most buildings are expected to be open. However, there will be a select number of designated entrance points when arriving on campus. More information on access point locations on the Saint Paul and other campus locations will be forthcoming.
- An online health screening tool will be implemented in August for all Minnesota State schools. This health screening tool will be used to check your health before coming onto campus. All students, faculty, staff and visitors will need to take the health screen protocol each day you visit campus. Additional information on the health screening tool and protection of data will be shared with you soon.
- Face coverings are required to be worn on campus and in classrooms. The campus website has additional information on face coverings guidelines.
- High touchpoint cleaning and a disinfection cleaning process has been established for our campus classrooms, labs, and office spaces.
- Approximately 100 courses for fall will be in blended hybrid format that have some face-to-face instruction.
- Follow physical distancing practices and frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer are some of the best practices you can follow to keep safe.
- Continue checking the website for ongoing updates and information on the campus COVID-19 plans.
Campus operations will no longer be monitoring this email for maintenance or service requests.
If you need to request a service or maintenance, please click on the link below to fill out a request:
If you have any questions please feel free to let us know.