COVID-19 campus exposure update
For the week of Sept. 2–9, Metropolitan State had no confirmed cases of COVID-19 that were active or exposed on campus. As an institution with many students and employees studying and working offsite, if a positive case does not trace to an exposure/contact on campus, the campus may not be notified. Data may not be comprehensive or in real-time due to testing and reporting delays and are subject to change. Individuals, particularly those that have been at one of our locations, are also encouraged to report any COVID-19 health updates through our reporting form. As part of the Minnesota State system and in conjunction with the Minnesota Department of Health, Metropolitan State will be posting a weekly case count update on the website; we will provide details on that information and its location soon.
Health screening assessment reminder
As we continue through the fall semester, we remind everyone that access to campus locations requires showing a green screen result following the completion of the daily self-screening and emailing the self-screening result to your supervisor. In addition to allowing access to work or classroom areas, the completion of your self-screening will be used for email notifications following possible COVID-19 exposures on campus. Please use your Star ID when using the self-screening to ensure you receive email notices.
Following these guidelines is key to keeping the community #MetroSafe, and we can all further protect ourselves and others by:
- Continuing to wear face coverings when in close proximity to others and while inside buildings
- Washing your hands often with soap and water; covering your cough and sneeze; avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Observing and complying with all posted physical distancing signage, and keeping furniture groupings in their appropriate, marked locations
- Using hand sanitizer if you are unable to wash your hands with soap and water
- Frequently cleaning all commonly touched surfaces and following posted cleaning protocols
- Practicing self-care by eating a healthy diet and taking time to rest
- Staying home if you are sick