MCTC, Report of Massage Request
A message from Minneapolis Community and Technical College:
On July 19, 2016 a female student was approached by a male on campus. The male asked the female student if he can practice his final exam on her. The male stated he was going into massage therapy and his final exam includes massaging a person’s feet and ankles. The female student agreed to let him massage her feet and ankles. During the massage the male started to smell her feet and proceeded to kiss and lick her feet. The female student quickly ended the interaction by telling the male she had to meet with her instructor. The female student then proceeded to MCTC Public Safety and reported the incident. MCTC Public Safety is currently investigating this incident.
If you have any information about this incident please contact MCTC Public Safety at 612-659-6910.
Please utilize the Public Safety escort service. Officers will escort you anywhere within a two block radius of the main campus. Call 612-659-6910 to request an escort. If you witness suspicious activity or crimes in progress, call the Minneapolis College Public Safety Department Emergency line at 612-659-6900 and the Minneapolis Police Department using 911.
- When walking remain in well-lit and popularly traveled routes
- Walk with a friend or call Public Safety for an escort
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings while walking.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and don’t become engrossed in your personal electronic devices.
Remember to take the following steps if you are a victim of an assault:
- Report crimes immediately to the police. If the crime occurs on Minneapolis College property, call the Minneapolis College Public Safety Department Emergency line at 612-659-6900 and the the Minneapolis Police Department using 911.
- Try to remember the description of the suspect(s), which includes:
- approximate age
- details on hair
- tattoos or any type of distinguishing characteristic