Sexual Assault and Violence Prevention

Where can I get resources?

I am concerned about my own behavior or anger. Where can I receive support and education?

  • Domestic Abuse Project (DAP)

Who can I talk to on campus?

How do I report Sexual and Domestic Violence?

  • I want confidential assistance to learn about my rights and options
  • I want to file a formal (Official) report with the University (not confidential)
  • I want to make a police report (call 911)

On campus confidential resources

Counseling Services: 651-793-1568, Founders Hall Room 221

Michael Peterson, Interim Director, Counseling Services: 651-793-1557, Founders Hall Room 224

Women & LGBTQ Coordinator: 651-793-1544, Founders Hall Room 140

On campus places to report sexual misconduct

Herbert King, Dean of Students, Title IX Coordinator 651-793-1508,, Founders Hall 236

James Sachs, Judicial Affairs Officer and Title IX Investigator 651-793-1535,, Founders Hall 234

Craig Morris, Chief Diversity Officer and Affirmative Action Officer, 651-793-1272, Founders Hall 315

Thomas Maida, Director, Public Safety, 651-793-1725, Founders Hall 324

Off campus confidential resources

Sexual Violence Services
St. Paul, Minnesota
(651) 266-1000
24-hour hotline; free and confidential

Sexual Violence Center
Minneapolis, Minnesota
(612) 871-5111
24-hour hotline; free and confidential

RAINN - (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
1 (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
24-hour hotline; free and confidential

Off campus places to report sexual misconduct

Saint Paul or Minneapolis: 911

Regions Hospital
640 Jackson Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
Sexual Offense Services
Sexual Assault Advocate
(651) 254-3584
Emergency Room - SANE Program

Hennepin County Medical Center Emergency Room
701 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415
Sexual Assault Resource Service: (612) 873-5832

Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) available at area hospitals
United Hospital Emergency Room
333 North Smith Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota 55102
(651) 241-8755 (direct connection to the Emergency Room)

Victim services and legal information

Resource list for victims

Domestic Abuse Service Center (for victims of domestic violence and dating violence)
Hennepin County Government Center
Rm. #A-0650 (lower level)
300 S. 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487

Minnesota Office of Justice, Crime Victims Programs
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
651-201-7300 or 888-622-8799, ext. 1 for financial help
800-247-0390, ext. 3 for information and referral
651-205-4827 TTY

Ramsey County Victim/Witness Services
Ramsey County Attorney’s Office
(651) 266-3222

Hennepin County Victim Services
Hennepin County Attorney’s Office
(612) 348-4003

Steele County Victim Services Program
303 S Cedar Ave, Owatonna, MN, 55060
(507) 444-7780 (legal information on a variety of sexual assault issues)