Students may take the required Accuplacer placement tests at another institution if they have difficulty coming to our testing sessions.  There are two options as described below.


A student can request a voucher to take the required tests in an institution that uses the voucher system.  Up to now, most minnstate institutions use the voucher system, but NOT ALL yet. 

It is students’ responsibility to check with the institutions they intend to go if they accept vouchers both in state and out of state, even out of country.  After students complete their research, they need to provide the following information to request a voucher from us by providing the following information to and

  • Your choice of institution where you intend to take the tests, including State and institution Name
  • Your Metropolitan State University student (8 digits) ID number
  • Your first and last name, exactly the same as they are in the Student Records System
  • Your date of birth
  • Your home address
  • Your email address
  • Your phone number(s)
  • Your email address
  • Your ethnicity or "I choose not to answer"
  • Your gender or "I choose not to answer"
  • What test(s) you need to take

As soon as a voucher is successfully created, students will receive a voucher notice directly from Accuplacer with all information they need.

Proctor Form

If the institution a student intends to go has not setup the voucher system yet, the student needs to download our Proctor Form and provide the information we need.

  • Proctor Form (.pdf) - This form should be filled out by the student and the potential proctor, and then arrangements can be made.

Remember to email the completed form to and

Consent for Release Form

If a student needs to send his or her test results to a third party, s/he needs to download the following form, fill it out with all required information and email it to and

  • Consent for Release Form (.pdf) - A student should fill out this form if s/he needs her/his test results sent to another institution or a third party.

To request accommodations for a disability, call Center for Accessibility Resources at 651-793-1549.