- Building Services
- Center for Faculty Development
- Center for Online Learning
- College of Community Studies and Public Affairs
- College of Individualized Studies
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Management
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- College of Sciences
- School of Urban Education
- Dean of Students Information
- Enrollment Management
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity Office
- Faculty Resources
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Human Subjects Review Board
- IT Services
- Institutional Research
- Marketing and Communications
- President's Office
- Provost's Office
- Staff Resources
- Student Outcome Data
- University Advancement
- University Directory
Tuition Payment Deadlines
|Semester||Term||Tuition Due Date|
|Spring 2018||Full Term||December 18, 2017|
|Summer 2018||Full Term and First Session||April 16, 2018|
|Summer 2018||Second Session||June 1, 2018|
|Fall 2018||Full Term||August 1, 2018|
Tuition and fees for all registered classes must be paid by the deadline in one of the following ways:
- In full by mail, drop box, in person, or online
- By prior payment arrangement Nelnet/FACTS
- By Financial Aid or Third Party Authorization
- A student must have a financial aid FAFSA on file before the tuition dateline
- Any balance not covered AFTER financial aid or Third Party funding is applied is the student's responsibility
- The student is responsible for verifying that authorization has been received by the Accounts Receivable Office (651-793-1880) prior to the tuition payment deadline.
Mailed payments must be sent early enough for the payment to be received by the deadline
If payment is not received by the deadline your registration will be cancelled and a late fee will be added on to your account. However, unless you formally drop your classes, you will be responsible for tuition and fees charged to your account.
Registered Prior to Payment Deadline
Students who have a FAFSA on file prior to the payment deadline will not be dropped from courses. Any balance not covered AFTER financial aid or Third Party funding is applied is the student's responsibility.
To check your financial aid status or to review your awards, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Web Registration
- Enter student ID and PIN, then click login now
- Click on "Financial Aid" on the left of your screen.
- Select "Financial Aid Status."
Students receiving third-party authorizations for tuition and fees (e.g., from employers, city, county, state, and federal programs) are liable for tuition and fees not covered by the third-party payment. The student is responsible for verifying that authorization has been received by the Accounts Receivable Office (651-793-1883) prior to the tuition payment deadline. Students without current authorizations for the semester will be dropped from their courses unless they have either paid in full or made arrangements to pay by the tuition deadline.
Students must mail their payments early enough so the payment arrives at the cashier's office by the payment deadline. Students will be dropped from their courses for non-payment if payment is not received by payment deadline.
Student with Nelnet/FACTS Payment Plans
Students who enroll in the Nelnet/FACTS payment plan by the tuition payment deadline will not be dropped from their classes. Students with Nelnet/FACTS tuition payment plans who have been making payments on time without any Non-sufficient Fund (NSF) transactions for the current semester will be allowed to register for the next semester's courses. For more information about the Nelnet/FACTS payment plan, students may call 651-793-1881 or visit the Nelnet/FACTS Tuition Payment Plan web page.
Registered After Payment Deadline
Students who register after the tuition payment deadline must have financial aid or a Nelnet/FACTS payment plan in place or pay their tuition in full at the time of registration. Payment must be made online or in person.
Past Due Balances and Holds
An outstanding balance from prior terms must be paid in full before a student will be allowed to register again, to obtain official transcripts, or to graduate. A Financial Management $30.00 late fee and a "hold" will be placed on the student's account until all past due amounts have been paid. "Holds" are released when the final payment is made.
For more information on tuition and payments, please contact Financial Management by phone 651-793-1880 or email Financial.Management@metrostate.edu