Notice of Student Complaint Process

1. Metropolitan State University is part of the Minnesota State College and Universities System (Minnesota State) of public two and four year institutions of higher education designed by Minnesota Statues chapter 136F and governed by the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities. Metropolitan State is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). If you wish to file a complaint about Metropolitan State with the HLC, you may do so by contacting:

Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413

2. Metropolitan State takes student complaints and grievances seriously. If you have a complaint about Metropolitan State, we encourage you to utilize the Institution’s Student Complaint and Grievance Process provided in Minnesota State Board Policy 3.8 and System Procedure 3.8.1. If your grievance involves a Board Policy, the actions of the Metropolitan State president, an issue of institutional or program quality such as an institution’s compliance with the standards of an accrediting or licensing agency, or a claim of consumer fraud or deceptive trade practices, you may appeal to the Office of the Chancellor pursuant to the Board Policy 3.8 and System Procedure 3.8.1. The contact information for the Office of the Chancellor is:

Academic and Student Affairs
Office of the Chancellor
Wells Fargo Place
30 East Seventh Street, Suite 350
Saint Paul, MN 55101-7804

3. This process does not apply to other complaints or grievances subject to different procedures specified in board, college, or university policies or procedures, or other regulations, including: