I wanted to send out this Safety Advisory as we have received reports of carjacking’s and robberies occurring around Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Woodbury. This information was passed along from the St. Paul Police department, along with other social media post and staff. It is a mixture of robberies and carjacking’s from a majority of teen groups. The reports state that they are obstructing traffic and using fake weapons as fear tactics.
- Always park in well-lit areas.
- Never leave valuables in sight, always take valuables with you.
- Do not leave your garage door opener in sight.
- If there is debris or an obstruction in the middle of the road, do not stop to move it. Drive around the obstruction or reverse course.
- Contact security for a safety walk from your car to the building and vice versa.
- Have your keys in your hands as you walk to your vehicle and be prepared to quickly enter your vehicle.
- Always keep your doors locked.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not sit in your vehicle with the doors unlocked.
Our campus is a very safe place. Our security team is here to assist you with any safety or security needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to call! Security will be increasing CCTV exterior patrol along with increased foot patrols around our university.
Any security needs, concerns, and safety walks, please call 651-775-0444 or from any Metropolitan State University phone, ext. 1717. Please save these numbers in your phones.