Metropolitan State University offers a very attractive benefits package. As a Metropolitan State University employee, you are also a State of Minnesota employee. If you are hired into a benefits eligible position, you would be covered under the State Employee Group Insurance Plan (SEGIP) which includes the following coverage options:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Optional Insurances include:
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical Dental Expense Account, Dependent Care Expense Account)
- Employee Additional Life Insurance
- Spouse Life Insurance
- Child Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
Minnesota State offers a mix of mandatory and voluntary retirement plans. Mandatory retirement plans are determined by the bargaining unit or pay plan of your position. All mandatory contributions are invested on a pre-tax basis.
Learn more about our retirement plan options by reviewing the Minnesota State Retirement Plan Brochure (PDF).