The Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report is a degree planning tool for students that includes both transfer and Metropolitan State coursework. You can access your Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report through eServices by clicking on Grades and Transcripts.
Newly-admitted undergraduate degree seeking students can access their Interactive Degree Audit/DARS, approximately 12 to 14 business days from the date of admission. The Interactive Degree Audit/DARS includes:
- How your transfer credits have been accepted and applied to General Education and Liberal Studies (GELS), including the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
- All the requirements needed to complete a specific program.
- Courses that have already been completed, grades received and hours earned, both at Metropolitan State and in transfer.
- Transfer courses that have been made equivalent to Metropolitan State University courses.
- Exceptions to degree and program requirements that have been processed.
- What is still needed to complete a program, with a list of courses that will satisfy each requirement.
If you have courses in-progress at the time of your initial evaluation, or if you take courses at another institution while you are a student at Metropolitan State, you will need to request a Transfer Update to have these courses and grades appear on your Interactive Degree Audit Report/DARS.
Contact your academic advisor with any questions relating to your Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report.
Access your DARS on eServices
Transfer Credit Appeal
Work with your advisor to review your Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report and to discuss appealing transfer credit decisions before submitting an appeal. Login to Student e-Services. Under Grades and Transcripts click on Transfer Review/Appeal and follow instructions.
Transfer update requests
If you have attended another institution during your time at Metropolitan State University or if you had in progress (IP) grades at the time you were initially admitted, you will need to request a transfer update in order for the new transfer work to be evaluated and appear on your Interactive Degree Audit / DARS report. The method you must use to request a transfer update will vary depending on the type of institution attended.
Transfer Update Requests:
- Should not be made until the transfer work has been graded
- Are processed in the order received
- May take approximately 2-3 months to process and for updated transfer coursework to be reflected on your Interactive Degree Audit / DARS report due to the high volume of requests
NOTE: Transfer GPA is not recalculated after the point of admission, and will not change when a transfer update request has been processed
An e-mail notification is sent to your Metropolitan State student email account when your Transfer Update Request has been processed.
Minnesota State Institution
If the institution you attended was a Minnesota State institution, complete the Minnesota State Transfer Update Request form.
Non-Minnesota State Institution
If the institution you attended was not a Minnesota State institution, you will have to contact the institution directly to request that an official transcript be sent to:
Metropolitan State University
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106-5000