Transferology is a free online tool you can use to find how courses might transfer between educational institutions.
DARS: Your degree audit report
The Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report is a degree planning tool for students that includes both transfer and Metropolitan State coursework. You can access your Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report under “Grades and Transcripts” on eServices. The report includes:
- How your transfer credits have been accepted and applied to General Education and Liberal Studies, including the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum.
- All the requirements needed to complete a specific program.
- Courses that have already been completed, grades received and hours earned, both at Metropolitan State and in transfer.
- Transfer courses that have been made equivalent to Metropolitan State University courses.
- Exceptions to degree and program requirements that have been processed.
- What is still needed to complete a program, with a list of courses that will satisfy each requirement.
Newly-admitted undergraduate degree-seeking students: Access your report approximately 12–14 business days from your date of admission.
Updates: If you have courses in-progress at the time of your initial evaluation, or if you take courses at another institution while you are a student at Metropolitan State, request a transfer update (see below).
Transfer update requests
If you attended another institution during your time at Metropolitan State or if you had in-progress grades (marked as "IP" on DARS) when you were first admitted, you will need to request a transfer update for new transfer work to be evaluated and appear on your DARS report.
- Don't request a transfer update until the transfer coursework is graded
- Requests are processed in the order we receive them
- Due to volume, requests take approximately 2–3 months to process
- Transfer GPA is not recalculated after the point of admission, and will not change when a transfer update request has been processed
- An e-mail notification is sent to your Metropolitan State student email account when your transfer update request has been processed.
For updates from Minnesota State institutions
If you attended a Minnesota State institution (here's a complete list of all Minnesota State member colleges and universities), complete the Minnesota State Transfer Update Request form.
For updates from all other institutions
For credit transfers from all other institutions, contact the institution directly and request that they send an official transcript directly to:
Metropolitan State University
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106-5000
Students have the right to appeal transfer credit evaluation decisions.
Before you appeal: Work with your advisor to review your Interactive Degree Audit/DARS report and to discuss appealing transfer credit decisions before submitting an appeal.
To file an appeal: Log in to eServices and, under "Grades and Transcripts," click "Transfer Review/Appeal" and follow instructions.