Student Life and Leadership Development (SLLD) holistically enhances the co-curricular experiences of students through intentional social, cultural, intellectual, and recreational engagement and involvement programs and services at Metropolitan State University and the surrounding community.
Our mission is to develop and support a community of critically engaged leaders committed to inclusion, integrity, and lifelong learning.
Whether joining a student organization, participating in Student Senate or University Activities Board (UAB), serving on a university-wide committee or working group, or attending an event such as a play, conference, or educational panel, getting involved allows for students to develop leadership skills necessary for thriving academically and beyond. Student development theory and practice states that if students are able to get involved on-campus, they are more likely to thrive academically and feel increased sense of belonging.
SLLD provides many opportunities for involvement, such as:
- Student Organizations
- Shared Governance- Student Senate & Student Activities Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC)
- University Activities Board (UAB)
- Employment such as: Student Center Workers & New Student Orientation and Commencement Student Assistants
- Leadership development workshops
- Commencement activities
- Summer service projects
- Participation of community cultural events
- University-wide committee or working group participation
- Events: For a full list of events to attend, go to the Current Student News + Events page
For more information about getting involved, visit our Engage portal or contact us via email.