Find the most up-to-date information about parking access and restrictions as part of the university's COVID-19 response.
Parking is available at each Metropolitan State location. Midway and LECJEC locations have surface lots.
Saint Paul campus
As a courtesy to our neighbors, please do not park in front of homes around campus; off-street parking is limited for local residents.
Parking Ramp, 400 Maria Avenue, Saint Paul
Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Metropolitan State University will be enforcing all parking spaces with posted restrictions such as handicap accessible, maintenance only, 30-minute limit, and reserved spaces. We will also be enforcing improper parking such as parking in fire lanes, non-spaces, and taking up two or more spots. Security will be issuing citations accordingly.
If you are issued a parking ticket and feel you should not have received the citation, follow this process to file an appeal.
The parking ramp at Minneapolis College, located on Hennepin Ave. at 16th St. N., is open 24 hours a day. Handicapped spaces are located on all levels of the parking ramp, next to the elevator lobby.
The cost of parking in the ramp by Metropolitan State University students is included in your Metropolitan State student fees. Use your Metropolitan State student ID card to access the Minneapolis College parking ramp.
All other Metropolitan State locations
Surface parking is available at no cost.
Staff and faculty who elect to park in any Metropolitan State University owned or leased facilities, including, but not limited to Saint Paul, Midway, Minneapolis College, Hennepin Technical College, Normandale and the Dental Clinic, must pay for parking per Minnesota state statute and Minnesota State policy. How to register for ID card ramp parking access.
Employees who have a state-issued hang tag or license plate may park in:
- Parking ramp handicap designated stalls (24 spots available).
- Surface lot between St. John's Hall and Founders Hall (across Maria Avenue from the Parking Ramp)
- One spot is designated for 30-minute parking only
- Three stalls are reserved for students but require a pass from the Parking Office
- Eight spots are available for longer-term parking on a first-come, first-served basis, but require a university parking hang tag.
- The Seventh Street surface parking lot also has three long-term handicap spots available on a first-come, first-served basis and requires a university parking hang tag.
The parking office will issue the university parking hang tags to employees who have a state-issued handicap parking hang tag or license plate and who are registered to park on year-long basis.
Handicap parking spots are reserved for students, or faculty and staff who have paid for parking from Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.