All registrations should be completed online through your student eServices. Gateway staff is available to answer your questions but is not able to process registrations.
Spring 2021 Registration begins October 19, 2020
Spring 2020 semester: Jan. 11-May 3, 2021. Priority registration begins Oct. 19, 2020 and is based on transfer/completed credits: View Spring class schedule in eServices. Spring class schedule will be available Oct. 1. Summer 2021 semester: May 8–Aug. 15., 2021. Priority registration begins March 15, 2021. Fall 2021 semester: Aug. 21–Dec. 12 2021. Priority registration begins March 15, 2021. Summer/Fall 2021 class schedule will be available March 1, 2021 (tentative date).
- Graduate students: Monday, Oct. 19 at 8 a.m.
- Cohort members: Monday, Oct. 19 at 8 a.m.
- 140+ credits: Thursday, Oct. 22 at 8 a.m.
- 120–139 credits: Friday, Oct. 23 at 8 a.m.
- 105–119 credits: Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 8 a.m.
- 90–104 credits: Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 8 a.m.
- 75–89 credits: Monday, Nov. 2 at 8 a.m.
- 60–74 credits: Tuesday, Nov.3 at 8 a.m.
- 45–59 credits: Friday, Nov. 6 at 8 a.m.
- 30–44 credits: Monday, Nov. 9 at 8 a.m.
- 0–29 credits: Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 8 a.m.
- Visiting Students: Open registration for Spring: Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 8 a.m.
Senior Citizen: Open registration for spring: Tuesday, Jan. 12 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- Academic calendar Add/drop/withdraw and other important dates.
- Fall 2020 semester: Aug. 22–Dec. 12 2020
- Spring 2021 semester: Jan. 11–May 3, 2021. Spring break March 7-13
- Summer 2021 semester: May 8–Aug. 15. 2021. Priority registration begins Monday, March 15 2021. Summer schedule will be available in eServices on March 1, 2021
- Fall 2021 semester: Aug. 21–Dec. 12 2021. Priority registration begins Monday, March 15, 2021. Fall schedule will be available in eServices on March 1, 2021
Preparing to register
Plan ahead for the next registration period about one month after current classes start—when registration starts, advisors are often overloaded and some courses fill quickly.
- Know your registration window: Register as soon as possible after your window opens. Registration windows are assigned based on the number of completed credits you've earned.
- Check for holds: In eServices, click on "Registration Holds" in the menu on the left.
- Keep requirements in mind: Go over your degree audit report and clarify what course requirements are necessary for your major and for graduation.
- Financial aid and tuition: Have a payment plan in place and understand any restrictions or requirements you may have for financial aid.
- Placement assessments: Your results will help you select the math and writing courses to fulfill graduation requirements that are best for you.
- Waitlists: If a course is full, add yourself to the waitlist.
Registration mistakes to avoid
- Don't take too many courses because you want to finish your degree quickly. If you withdraw or fail because you don't have enough study time, you'll wasting time and money. Pace yourself.
- Don't ignore prerequisites. If you don't have the right preparation for a course, don't register for it.
- Don't take online courses if you think they're easier. Online courses are as academically rigorous as classroom courses—and if you don't have a computer, have trouble managing your time or simply prefer being face-to-face with an instructor, online courses might not be a good match.
- Don't take a course you already completed elsewhere.
- Don't repeat a course if you don't need to.
- Don't take courses that don't count toward fulfilling your degree's requirements.