Metropolitan State University is committed to fostering a positive learning, working and living environment. Our role is to assist in the creation of an environment in which every member of the university community is valued and everyone has the opportunity to succeed.
- Sponsors 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education Policy and 1B.3 Procedure training for all staff, faculty and student employees. Registration must be done via the Minnesota State System-wide Training and Registration Site (STARS).
- Provides investigation of policy 1B.1, 1B.3, and institutional policy 1010 matters. Assists faculty, staff and students who believe they have been harassed or treated unfairly because they are a member of a protected class.
- Assists the university community with understanding, and application of federal and state laws and regulations that impose special obligations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action. The director serves as the university's affirmative action officer and ombudsperson for faculty and staff.
- Monitors recruitment efforts and the progress of campus units toward achieving affirmative action goals, in collaboration with the Human Resource office and other university divisions.
- Creates and complies with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance (OFCCP) and the Minnesota Management and Budget Office (MMB) requirement to produce an Affirmative Action Plan and other statistical analysis of institutional information for the purpose of understanding adverse impacts and areas of improvement relative to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Creates and supports institutional Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion planning. Provides training and provides alternative dispute resolutions services and referrals. Provides programming and administrative support to affinity groups for equity and inclusive practice at the institution.
View complete Metropolitan State University Affirmative Action Plans below: