CYBR 333 CompTIA Security+ Certification Preparation
The major focus of this course is to provide targeted contents and integrated hands-on skills in cybersecurity and prepare students for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam. The CompTIA Security+, a well-recognized industry certification, helps students develop baseline skills needed to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
First day attendance is mandatory.Co-requisite: CYBR 332 Computer Security. Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS/CYBR courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 14, 2020 to present
- Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
- Demonstrate the adequate knowledge and skills to attempt the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.