CYBR 343 CompTIA CySA+ Certification Preparation
This course's primary focus is to provide targeted content and integrated hands-on skills to apply behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect, and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring. The course will prepare students for the CompTIA CySA+ certification exam. The CompTIA CySA+, a well-recognized industry certification, helps students develop baseline skills needed to proactively capture, monitor, and respond to network traffic findings and emphasize software and application security, automation, and threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance, which affects the daily work of security analysts.
First day attendance is mandatory.Co-requisite: CYBR 442 Cyber Operations. Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS/CYBR/CFS courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 4, 2021 to present
- Utilize and apply proactive threat intelligence to support organizational security and perform vulnerability management activities
- Analyze data as part of continuous security monitoring activities and implement configuration changes to existing controls to improve security
- Apply security solutions for infrastructure management and explain software and hardware assurance best practices
- Apply the appropriate incident response procedure, analyze potential indicators of compromise, and utilize basic digital forensics techniques
- Apply security concepts in support of organizational risk mitigation and understand the importance of frameworks, policies, procedures, and controls.