The main focus of this course is to provide targeted contents and integrated hands-on skills in telecommunication and computer networking and prepare students for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. The CompTIA Network+, a well-recognized industry certification, helps students develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
First day attendance is mandatory.Co-requisite: CYBR362 Networking Protocol and Analysis OR ICS460 Network and Security. Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS/CYBR courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective January 11, 2021 to present
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
- Demonstrate the adequate knowledge and skills to attempt the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.