Entrepreneurs confront many challenges. Often they want merely to focus on their core business. Managing technology cost effectively to support an enterprise at start up and as it grows requires expertise that could detract from other entrepreneurial pursuits. This course is designed to help jump start the process of selecting and maintaining technology during the stages of starting and running a business.
- Review the applications of information technology in business organizations and managerial decision making, and associated ethical and societal implications.
- Roles and responsibilities of technical and non-technical participants in Enterprise systems development and utilization.
- The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the issues that face entrepreneurs when they need to manage functions that may be outside of their expertise. This course will focus on technology.
- Explore emerging technologies and the risks they pose to organizations and business models.
- How to select and manage technology and technology related services, assess risks and develop policies for operational integrity are learning outcomes for this course.