Students learn about the skill set required to succeed professionally and how they might acquire these skills through coursework. They also learn about career opportunities for professional writers and technical communicators through presentations by guest speakers and readings. Students also begin to develop an online portfolio.Note: Formerly known as WRIT 301. This course is S/N grading only.
- Advanced understanding of the skill set that is required to be a successful professional writer or technical communicator.
- Develop advanced interviewing skills.
- Develop advanced networking and job search skills.
- Develop advanced writing skills in order to be a successful professional writer or technical communicator.
- Discover what professional and technical writers do.
- Understand a wide range of career options available to professional and technical writers.
- Understand the importance of an online portfolio and build a professional-looking portfolio site in WordPress or other online tool.
|50||Professional and Technical Writing Careers||Sadler, Victoria||Books for TCID-301-50 Fall 2023||Course details for TCID-301-50 Fall 2023|
|50||Professional and Technical Writing Careers||Menagarishvili, Olga||Books for TCID-301-50 Spring 2024||Course details for TCID-301-50 Spring 2024|