Although Metro State does not offer traditional on-campus housing, our Resource Center can get students connected to community agencies that can help with locating affordable housing options. Currently, we also have a Housing Navigator that can support students in locating housing options that would best fit their situation. Schedule an appointment to speak with the Navigator here.
Here are some resources that can get you started with your housing search:
- Housing Link: offers information regarding affordable and public housing options. Also provides free resources, tips, and handouts to help renters when searching for affordable housing.
- Housing Benefits 101: not sure where to start in your housing search, try this website and use the many tools available to help you find a safe and affordable housing option.
Students who are facing a housing emergency and need to locate a safe place in a short amount of time can connect with one of the community agencies below:
- Youth Services Network (YSN): helping youth, ages 16–24, find shelter and programs
- Catholic Charities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis: offers help with locating shelter, food, housing, and more
- MN Department of Human Services: offers support with housing for homeless or highly mobile individuals/families including financial programs to help them get back on their feet