Metropolitan State University welcomes its veteran and military students and appreciates their service. We are honored to assist veterans, active and reserve military, and their dependents and families throughout their academic journey, and are a proud Beyond the Yellow Ribbon institution.
What does the Veterans and Military Student Services Department do?
The Veterans and Military Student Services Department exists to help ensure that your benefits are accessed and used properly while attending Metropolitan State. We pave the way for a successful transition into a higher education environment by connecting you with the resources and support needed to make your time at Metropolitan State a successful one. Services offered include:
- Benefits application assistance
- College credits for military training
- Federal and state education benefits advising
- VA certification of registered courses
- Campus and community advocacy
- Call to active duty policy assistance
- Veteran student lounge and study area in Founders Hall, Room 201
- Goal setting and GPS LifePlan Priority course registration
- Veterans resource referral
Metropolitan State Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
Metropolitan State has been a proud Beyond the Yellow Ribbon university since 2013. Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is a resource network that serves all service members and their family members, before, during and post-deployment. Our Beyond the Yellow Ribbon committee hosts and participates in events focused on building community, educating students, and honoring veterans.
VA School Certifying Official/Record and Transcripts Coordinator: Julie Olson