This course focuses on accounting for managerial planning and control. The role of financial and nonfinancial information in a strategically focused decision environment is discussed. Emphasis is on strategic cost management and cost analysis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of financial and nonfinancial information in a strategic decision environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of a financial manager in a cross-functional organization.
- Analyze business scenarios by applying cost analysis and cost management techniques emphasizing technical, behavioral and cultural considerations.
- Using a variety of financial and non-financial analyses evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of management decision making.
- Critique business decisions from financial, nonfinancial, and ethical perspectives.
- Using relevant analyses create strategically based recommendations in a cross-functional organization.
- Create professional business reports utilizing written, oral and visual presentation methods.