This internship is designed to give students an opportunity to learn about the basic functions and day to day operations of an educational art gallery. Students will assist in the installation and dismantling of various exhibitions, featuring numerous forms of art. In doing so, students will gather practical knowledge about handling and lighting artwork, creating didactics, generating and distributing publicity, working with artists and creating corresponding programming. This knowledge should qualify a student to apply for entry level positions at other exhibition facilities, create groundwork for additional coursework in Museum Studies, and/or prepare students to mount exhibitions of their own in a professional manner. Variable meeting times. Contact instructor for details prior to registering. S/N grading only.
- Can creatively address and develop strategies for exhibiting a variety of artworks.
- Develops practical knowledge on preparations for exhibitions including: how to handle and light artwork, create didactics, generating and distributing publicity, working with artists and creating corresponding programming.
- Knows how to install and dismantle a variety of exhibitions and using professional techniques.
- Understands basic functions and day-to-day operations of an educational art gallery, including opening night functions and gallery monitoring.
- Understands the missions of a variety of exhibition spaces and can apply it towards entry level positions at other exhibition facilities, create groundwork for additional coursework in Museum Studies, and/or prepare students to mount exhibitions of their own in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Engage in the creative process or interpretive performance.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.
|01||Exhibition Practices||Rasmussen, Erica S Sierralta, Alonso||Books for ARTS-302-01 Fall 2023||Course details for ARTS-302-01 Fall 2023|
|01||Exhibition Practices||Staff, Staff Rasmussen, Erica S||Books for ARTS-302-01 Spring 2024||Course details for ARTS-302-01 Spring 2024|