Cyber Operations, a more specific area of cybersecurity, is a highly technical field with a hardcore focus on both cyber offense and defense strategies. This course will cover special cyber operations topics that are not covered elsewhere in the MS Cyber Operations program. This course will provide the opportunity to keep the program current by introducing new and in-demand topics in cyber operations including but not limited to SCADA, IoT/IIoT, embedded systems, hardware reverse engineering, secure software development, programmable logic and microcontroller design, RF Analysis, Software defined Networking, etc.
First day attendance is mandatory.Prerequisites: Graduate standing. Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for CYBR courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.
1-4 Graduate credits
Effective May 6, 2020 to present
- Demonstrate competency in theory and practice for the special topic that is taught in a given semester.
- Recognize and understand recent developments in the field.
- Demonstrate expertise in applying any relevant tools and techniques that are associated with the special topic.
- Identify, analyze, and synthesize scholarly and professional literature on cyber operations and related areas.
- Articulate research work in a well-written and orally presented project.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior appropriate to security-related technologies.