What is the role of the future in educational psychology and educational thought and teaching? In this independent study, students study topics related to education in the twenty-first century; alternative learning environments, modes and strategies; the current status of lifelong-learning philosophy, theories and methods in the United States and abroad; and futurist technology and research methods. Students learn techniques for futuristic/creative thinking about relationships and systems, and develop skills to assist them in resolving cultural, linguistic and other barriers to effective education and learning.
- Create alternative approaches to assisting effective learning.
- Develop skills to assist in resolving cultural, linguistic and other barriers to effective learning.
- Learn techniques for futuristic/creative thinking about relationships and systems.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.