The Faculty Peer Mentors are a team of faculty are a part of the Instructional Support Group, in the Center for Educational Innovation. Mentors support and advise faculty on best practices in course design, building courses in D2L, and teaching strategies.
Mentors can help you with:
- Teaching modalities: online, hybrid, hyflex, in-person
- Alignment of objectives to learning activities and assessments
- Universal Design for Learning
- Active learning and student engagement
- Course development, in partnership with an instructional designer and instructional technologist.
You can email the Mentors, Instructional Designers, or anyone in the Istructional Support Group at firstname.lastname@example.org, sign up for a consultation through Bookings. or attend on of the CEI FY22 Training Series trainings about the aforementioned topics. Trainings are recorded and are being curated in a D2L Brightspace site to be published soon.
Other helpful information:
- Course Copy: If you would like help with a course copy, please fill out the form at D2L Brightspace Course Copy Request. There is a Semester Startup Checklist that might be useful in preparing your course. Don't forget to check the library for textbooks that might be free for students.
- Course Design: If you are looking for how-tos, see the Course Design and Academic Technologies Site, which includes many articles and videos for faculty who might want answers about D2L Brightspace or other academic technologies.
- D2L Support: If you would like help with D2L Brightspace or other academic technologies, email email@example.com, by phone at 651-793-1240, or check out the service portal for offered services and knowledge base articles (KBs).