Updated February 2023
- 9,201 total students served
- 87% undergraduate students
- 91% transfer students
- 59% part-time students
- 56% first-generation students
- 51% students of color
- 30 average age of students
- 15–85 age range of students
- Four-time recipient of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award
- Federally recognized Minority-Serving Institution, as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution
- Partners since 2019 in the Mexican Consulate’s IME-BECAS scholarship program sponsored by the Mexican Consulate’s Institute of Mexicans Abroad (IME) Fellowship Program
- One of the largest Beyond the Yellow Ribbon institution serving Veterans and Military affiliated students in the Minnesota State System
Metro State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs and certificates.
Top 10 majors
- Business Administration
- Individualized Studies
- Computer Science
- Social Work
- Criminal Justice
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Computer Information Technology
- 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 21 person average class size
Alumni (degrees awarded)
- 51,996 (as of May 2022)
- Regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, phone 800.621.7440).
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Council on Social Work Education, Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, and Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board grant accreditation for nursing, social work, business, and education programs, respectively.
- National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission fully accredits the Human Services—BS in Alcohol and Drug Counseling, Substance Use Disorders Post-baccalaureate Certificate, and MS in Co-occurring Disorders Recovery Counseling programs.
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Education Center, 9110 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Park
- Midway Center, 1450 Energy Park Drive, Saint Paul
- Management Education Center, 1501 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis
- Saint Paul Campus, 700 East Seventh Street