In this class students further develop their hand-eye coordination skills, polish their techniques, deepen their understanding of artists or movements of the past and examine contemporary trends in drawing and painting. Emphasis is placed on drawing as a medium of self-expression.
- Builds confidence in use of materials and techniques.
- Develops problem-solving strategies and critical awareness within one's own work and their peers' work.
- Expands on basic drawing practices with a variety of media at an intermediate level.
- Further develops hand-eye coordination in drawing from observation.
- Further explores and utilizes application of elements and principles of design in projects.
- Knows about historical and contemporary issues in art, research methods, and vocabulary pertinent to drawing.
- Learns about specific techniques of translating ideas from imagination into drawings. Creative thinking is addressed as a means of developing process and concept development in drawing as well as self-expression.
- Understands drawing related vocabulary and can translate through visual language.
- Understands the connection of thought and interpretation of a variety of subjects into drawing.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Engage in the creative process or interpretive performance.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.