ARTS 106 Introduction to Drawing
This class focuses on the principles and practices of drawing, through an exploration of space, shading, volume, perspective and composition. Class discussions and projects include use of materials, color, artists and movements of the past, and contemporary trends in drawing and painting. Emphasis is placed on the development of hand-eye coordination skills.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective February 7, 2000 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Builds confidence in use of materials and techniques.
- Can apply connections between art produced and a larger art community/culture.
- Develops hand-eye coordination in drawing from observation, as well as translates ideas from imagination.
- Develops problem-solving strategies and critical awareness within one's own work and their peers' work.
- Knows about historical and contemporary issues in art, research methods, and vocabulary pertinent to drawing.
- Understands basic drawing practices with a variety of media at a beginning level.
- Understands drawing related vocabulary and can translate through visual language.
- Understands the connection of thought and interpretation of a variety of subjects into drawing.
- Utilizes application of elements and principles of design in projects.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
Goal 6: The Humanities and Fine Arts
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Engage in the creative process or interpretive performance.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.
|01||Introduction to Drawing||Strong, Melodee Kay||Books||Course details|
|50||Introduction to Drawing||Selski, Margo M Seebart, Scott||Books||Course details|
|01||Introduction to Drawing||Nelson, Kelli JoAnna||Books||Course details|
|01||Introduction to Drawing||Staff, Staff||Books||Course details|
|50||Introduction to Drawing||Nelson, Kelli JoAnna||Books||Course details|