This course rotates topics and may include such things as: presentational communication topics; storytelling as performance and persuasion; relational communication, for example nonverbal communication; and organizational communication such as organizational public relations.
- Demonstrate effective oral communication skills through a presentation of a project or paper.
- Demonstrate effective writing and knowledge of a facet of the topic by writing a research or project paper that reflects advanced knowledge, appropriate formatting, and effective organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and synthesize topics addressed in the course through execution of a major project.
- Learn advanced communication theory and best practices related to the topic of the course.
- Knowledge of intercultural communication strategies and practices.