Supervised student teaching for 12 weeks, full-time or the equivalent with students in urban grades 9-12 for teacher candidates seeking 5-12 licensure. Weekly reflections, periodic seminars with other student teachers, and the development of a standards-based portfolio are also required.
- Positively affect the learning and achievement of urban high school ELL students.
- Articulate professional development based on experiences through a final reflection paper.
- Demonstrate professional work habits as an ESL teacher.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and assess instruction and learning.
- Design well-developed lesson plans.
- Develop an electronic portfolio throughout the practicum experience.
- Document at least 25 hours of active involvement with urban high school ELL students.
- Maintain a reflective journal about all practicum experiences.