HSER 355T Introduction to Human Services: History and Trends
This seminar is open to students with significant work, volunteer or professional, experience in the human service field. The seminar is designed to examine various developments, trends, research and theoretical approaches to human service work and to have students relate these to their own experience. Prerequisite: Students must obtain and complete diagnostic test from the Teaching Center. Overlap: HSER 255/355 Introduction to Human Services: History and Trends.
Overlap: HSER 255/355 Introduction to Human Services: History and Trends.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 13, 2002 to present
- Be able to critique and analyze current and emerging trends in human services.
- Be familiar with the broad theoretical frames for human service work
- Complete a personal self-assessment of human service knowledge, skills, and orientations as a basis for a professional portfolio.
- Understand and have tools for dealing with the plethora of human services professional issues.
- Understand the historical and philosophical context of human service work.