In advertising and marketing today copywriting is more important than ever. Effective copy needs to cut through the clutter whether for digital or traditional media. This course focuses on learning how to write compelling copy incorporating positioning, audience research, creative briefs, features and benefits, creation of an advertising premise (USP) and copy organization. It also covers content development, design basics, working relationships and digital and traditional advertising production terminology/best practicesPrerequisite: Goal I: Communication - Part I Writing.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 14, 2014 to present
- Understand the principles behind positioning, results-oriented copywriting, and effective design.
- Apply copywriting and design best practices to content strategy for digital and traditional media.
- Analyze how working relationships between agency peers, internal and external clients and outside resources facilitate successful copywriting, design and production.
- Evaluate audiences and product/service research and identify communication objectives.
- Create compelling copy and design that fulfill communication objectives.