This course focuses on the roles and responsibilities of the professional nurse as part of the healthcare team providing care to diverse populations. Students will be introduced to therapeutic, person-centered communication skills used by the nurse, team dynamics, roles, and functioning using the healthcare team as an exemplar. Students will examine principles of holism, evidence-based nursing practice, clinical judgement, quality and safety in nursing care. Strategies for successful academic progress in nursing will be explored.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 20, 2022 to present
- Describe the distinct perspective of the discipline of nursing.
- Examine communication strategies that support caring and professional relationships with clients and team members.
- Demonstrate the characteristics and responsibilities of a professional nurse.
- Articulate the importance of continued self-development and self-care.
- Explain the impact of nursing on quality and safety within healthcare.
- Describe a holistic nursing approach to the care of individuals, families, communities, and populations from diverse backgrounds.
|01||Introduction to the Profession of Nursing||Bergstedt, Tracy L Holt, Nathan||Books for NURS-220-01 Summer 2023||Course details for NURS-220-01 Summer 2023|
|01||Introduction to the Profession of Nursing||Bergstedt, Tracy L||Books for NURS-220-01 Fall 2023||Course details for NURS-220-01 Fall 2023|
|02||Introduction to the Profession of Nursing||Behr, Lisa||Books for NURS-220-02 Fall 2023||Course details for NURS-220-02 Fall 2023|
|01||Introduction to the Profession of Nursing||Behr, Lisa Bergstedt, Tracy L Holt, Nathan||Books for NURS-220-01 Spring 2024||Course details for NURS-220-01 Spring 2024|
|02||Introduction to the Profession of Nursing||Staff, Staff||Books for NURS-220-02 Spring 2024||Course details for NURS-220-02 Spring 2024|